Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Stop This Train!






I feel like I am on a speeding freight train and I need to get off, not permanently, just for a little bit. Take time to smell the flowers, enjoy my surroundings, etc.
I can't believe it has been since Halloween since I have posted anything! I promise we have actually been doing things, they just haven't made their way onto the blog or into a scrapbook for quite a while.
One of the guys we work with had a child pass away this week.It was on of those moments where life slaps you in the face and you think to yourself, have I looked into my child's eyes to capture their expression today, have I told them how amazing I think they are? Have I come home from work complaining about this or that or did I sit with them and hold their hand?
Life move too fast! I need to take a few minutes and slow down and enjoy what is happening today!
Speaking of today. I am turning 40 this month! I am kind of excited about it. A few month's ago I started 'Fit and 40'. I wanted to not just loose the few extra lbs., but to be healthier.  I have had a couple of week of too much Easter candy, but I am happy to report, I am ready to buy some new jeans!  I am now learning to eat a few treats here or there, but not all the time, and I feel healthier and stronger and have a ton more energy.
Above are a couple of pictures of, don't judge, Christmas in Utah, the trip home and Izzy's birthday!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update!!! Is another one coming soon? jk
    I love to just look back at recent memories... it was fun to see ice skating pics!

    ReplyDelete