Sunday, March 7, 2010

Spring Time

I love Spring. This weekend there was no rain!! It was nice to get outside and get our yard in shape. The early garden is in and the summer veggies are starting to sprout. Nathan has been working hard to get the back yard looking lovely. I think it helps him with stress to dig up the dirt and mow the lawns and fuss over the weed/grass ratio. I am just grateful for the results. I will clean the inside of the house all year long to not have to mow. I only enjoy the fluff of gardening planting, watering, pulling easy weeds, harvesting, etc...
After a busy day of yard work Nathan BBQ some chicken, to was so yummy.
Jordan had her first paying job interview yesterday with the Modesto Nuts. She is excited of the opportunity to have a fun summer job. If she gets the job she gets a few free tickets, so Nathan is totally excited. Baseball for free. Isabel thinks she will get free cotton candy or an slushy so she is excited, Maddy could care less because she doesn't like baseball. As for me, I have happy that she has so many wonderful opportunities to learn and grow, but I am still wishing for the days when she would play dress up and the farthest she would go was to stay at Grandma's for the night. There were no boyfriends, no college applications, no jobs, no driving, just lots of Barbie's and make-up, there has always been make-up where Jordan is concerned! Those days are stored away in my memory where all three of our beauties will always be 4, where everything is pink, sparkly and beautiful.

3 comments:

  1. So...what did you plant this year? We had broccoli and cauliflower, cabbage and lettuce, and beets. Right now I've got a bunch of seeds sprouting on our kitchen counter...mostly tomatoes, tomatillos, and some flowers. Keep us posted on Jordan's job hunting...sounds like most everyone is hoping for the baseball one to work out! LOVE AND MISS YOU GUYS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FYI...I commented on your last post but it never showed up...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I decided the other day that my girls are NEVER growing up;) Wouldn't that me nice...

    ReplyDelete